Nitro Mousse Size: 90/100-16
WHAT IS A MOUSSE ?
EXPLAINATION: A “Mousse” – (“mousse” is French for foam), simply put is just a solid foam inner tube. They were originally introduced to the off road motorcycle market in 1984 by the French tire company Michelin. There are several companies over the years that have created different formulations of a mousse, however the composition and nature of the foam can have a huge impact on performance and longevity, so not all mousses are equal.
PROS AND CONS: In general a mousse is known to do one thing very well, NOT go flat. However they are also known to have several downsides, such as having a slow rebounding or non-progressive effect in their rideability. In the industry, this is often referred to as a “DEAD” feel. This loose or unstable feeling can affect the motorcycles handling and traction applications and unfortunately you just have to live with it because they are not adjustable (Like pneumatic systems or inner tubes), other than that they do adjust themselves as they diminish and wear. Being a solid foam unit, mousses are generally heavier than most tubes, and the dead feeling only contributes to this effect and feel. Other negatives can be their short life span, made worse by their high cost (Nitromousse is a big improvement compared to past mousses).
THE NITROMOUSSE DIFFERENCE
We have put more than a decade of research and development into improving the less than desirable aspects of a mousse. In general mousses are known to be a compromise in performance on some level, but Nitromousse dramatically enhances the positives while greatly reducing the negatives.
Nitromousse combines a high concentration of nitrogen into an incredibly tough micro-matrix of proprietary elastomers. This eliminates the dead feel and provides a much more lively, lighter and traction enhanced feel from the very first ride, as they do not need a break in period. Additionally, our proprietary formula and manufacturing process provides a mousse that will last up to twice as long at a much lower cost.
Nitromousse provides a much more progressive, predictable, and secure feel from the very first ride that will never leave you stuck with a flat!
- Nitromousse uses an incredibly tough micro-matrix of proprietary elastomers Increasing Durability, allowing Nitromousse to last up to 2X longer than other mousses.
- Nitromousse contains a high concentration of Nitrogen which gives it a much Plusher, Pneumatic (air) feel, eliminating the dreaded "Dead Feel".
- The Nitrogen formula gives the Nitromousse a Low Pressure Predictable ride, Resisting Impacts and increasing Bump Absorption.
- The Nitromousse compounds allow for a more Lively, Progressive ride eliminating Deflection and providing a Lighter feel in motion.
- Nitromousse does not need a Break In Period and has been designed and tested to Perform Consistently in Temperature ranges from 30-100+ Degrees.
- Nitromousse's Performance and Durability all come at an Exceptional Price.